How to do a release
- Make sure you have setup your user for release signing. Details http://www.apache.org/dev/release-signing.html.
- Clone the branch locally from which you want to do a release.
- Set version to release and commit. Ex.: mvn versions:set -DnewVersion=4.2.0 -DgenerateBackupPoms=false
- Update CHANGES file
- Verify all pom.xml files in project have the correct release version (i.e. does not contain SNAPSHOT)
Command for building binary and source tars
$ cd dev; ./make_rc.sh
Follow the instructions. Signed binary and source tars will be generated in release directory. As last part of this script, it will ask if you want to tag branch at this time. If all looks good then svn commit binary and source tars to https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/phoenix
- Initiate vote email. See example here
- Svn commit binary and source tars to https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/phoenix
- Once voting is successful, copy artifacts to https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/phoenix and set version back to SNAPSHOT and commit. Ex.: mvn versions:set -DnewVersion=4.3.0-SNAPSHOT -DgenerateBackupPoms=false
- Set git tag -a v4.2.0 release_sha -m “Phoenix v4.2.0”
- Remove any obsolete releases on https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/phoenix given the current release